Sometimes the best recipes just fall together randomly. J. and I were walking around Publix doing our weekly grocery shopping and trying to determine what we wanted for dinner. We saw that the Publix deli now offers flatbreads along with their subs and wraps and the idea was sparked!
We used chicken tenders as our base, but grilled chicken, sausage, or steak would all be great options – as would an all veggie flatbread! I’ve included some optional ingredients below but be creative and have fun with it! I made a BBQ chicken flatbread for myself with BBQ sauce and ranch, and J. made a buffalo chicken flatbread with buffalo sauce and ranch.
- 3 Publix chicken tenders
- 2 large pieces of naan bread (I used Stonefire original naan)
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Optional toppings ideas:
- Sauce drizzle: marinara, alfredo sauce, BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, olive oil, queso
- Ingredients: sliced onion, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, bacon
- Other: ranch, sour cream, caesar dressing
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Chop up the chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces. Top the naan bread with shredded cheese, chicken, and whatever other ingredients you’d like to add. Sprinkle a bit more cheese and then drizzle your favorite sauce on top (as much or as little as you’d like). Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the cheese melts and edges of the flatbread get crispy. Top with ranch, sour cream, or other dairy-based toppings.
Until next time!